Welcome to Satellite - a passionate team on a mission to help innovative American companies solve the technology talent war by connecting them with the best software engineers in the world.
What we offer is unique and goes beyond the typical outsourcing services that high-growth product companies are hesitant to use due to lack of control over development and the communication barriers that slow them down. Satellite offers our clients long-term partnerships with dedicated engineering teams and a next-generation approach to collaboration, while our engineers have exciting opportunities to build world-changing products, work with American engineering teams and learn cutting-edge technologies.
We are looking for a driven, smart and ambitious Senior Software Engineer to join our new team in Minsk, Belarus! You’ll immediately begin working with a high-growth NYC-based startup in the financial technology industry.
Satellite’s Senior Software Engineer will develop software across the technology stack, including back-end development, web development, and cloud DevOps.
Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Leading product implementations and interacting directly with clients
- Conducting regular code deployments across multiple environments, with no/low downtime, implementing and managing scalable cloud infrastructure (AWS)
- Managing development tickets and workflow for an engineering team
- Back-end and front-end development using common languages and frameworks (Node, React, MongoDB etc.)
- Overseeing the development and deployment of predictive machine learning models and computer vision applications
- Data manipulation and orchestration
- Integrating external data sources and best-in-class 3rd-party technologies
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- University degree (ideally in computer science, mathematics or physics)
- 5+ years of professional work experience in software engineering
- Self-starter who can take ownership of projects from concept to release
- Strong knowledge of React, Node.js, MongoDB
- Experience managing other engineers as well as workflow and tickets
- Strong verbal and written English language (tutors will be provided to assist!)
- Knowledge SQL and other leading full stack web development frameworks and tools
- Highly interested in a fast-paced software development environment
- Passion for learning new things and continuous improvement
Why Working at Satellite is Awesome:
Satellite is not your typical dev shop. Our unique business model empowers our team to work directly with leading U.S. product companies and become better engineers. When you join us, you’ll work immediately with a high-growth US startup. Lots of learning and fun is guaranteed!
What we do not offer:
- Slow growth as part of a big organization with hundreds of employees and inflexible processes
- Jumping between multiple projects and pretending to be someone else
- Getting stuck working with one technology or boring clients
What we are proud to offer:
- High compensation
- Equity (stock options) for every single employee
- Product experience working directly with U.S. engineers
- English speaking environment that may make you fluent in no time
- Time to learn cutting-edge technologies
- Opportunities for rapid career development in a hyper-growth startup
- Direct access to well-connected U.S. entrepreneurs and investors that may support/fund your pet project!
- Paid courses, education
- Opportunity to attend conferences
- English tutor (that everyone loves!) in the office 2x week
- Sport compensation
- Equity stock options
- Cool office in the city center
- Coffee, fruits, snacks, etc.
- Additional 3 paid sick days
- Flexible work start time
- Sponsored lunches and happy hours on Fridays
- Lots of team-building events