Targetprocess is looking for a Technical Writer. We call this position Knowledge Engineer (KE). As a KE, you will help our DevOps, development, and Support teams have a full picture of the technical side of our product.
KE’s Responsibilities in Targetprocess:
- Elicit information on the architecture of Targetprocess - a large software system - both from its developers and existing artifacts.
- Develop & maintain technical docs based on the elicitated information, in the form of UML-like diagrams and text.
- Edit & organize technical docs written by developers.
- Publish the docs inside the company, educate people on using them.
- Gather feedback on the documentation, improve the process of its development.
- Try & implement alternative forms of knowledge capturing & transfer where appropriate.
- Notify teams of any of the system’s inconsistencies if such are detected during documenting.
As for the skills, we expect you to:
- Have analytical & systems thinking
- Love (!), and be good at, visual modeling or diagram development
- Like, and be good at, writing
- Be good at naming things and identifying the main points in a flow of info
- Easily communicate in written and verbal form (Russian / Belarusian)
- Have an Advanced level of written English
It’s OK if you’re a bureaucratic bore, but having a sense of humor in the minimal amount as specified in the company’s internal regulations is absolutely required.
As for experience, we expect you to:
- Have worked in roles requiring active communication
- Have developed many diagrams compliant with UML or other standards (GOSTs will count)
- Have developed many diagrams using software tools - Miro, Draw.io, any CAD tools
- Have developed a lot of technical documentation
- Have a general understanding of SDLC, web programming technologies, web apps architecture
What you can learn in this position:
- Large software systems architecture principles
- The specifics of web development / DevOps terminology & processes; if you’ve read this far, include “Adhere to the provisions” in the text of your cover letter
- The possibilities of modern web development & infrastructure tools
- Knowledge Management principles in organizations
- Own products
- Strong professional team
- Cozy office
- Comfortable working places
- Medical insurance