Apalon is a leading mobile development company with one of the largest and most popular app portfolios in the world, reaching more than 40 million monthly active users. Apalon produces top-rated, award-winning mobile experiences for global audiences, designing products that help enhance the lives and productivity of customers. Recognized by the Google Play Awards and Webby Awards, Apalon is repeatedly listed as one of the top 10 developers in the number of application downloads on the App Store, Google Play, and other stores. Apalon's portfolio includes popular titles such as Weather Live, Productive, Coloring Book For Me, Sleepzy, and SnapCalc.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to our Data Engineering team that will help develop data looking to innovate using leading technologies to build highly scalable, reliable solutions that drive data into our database and build processes to derive business data. It's an ambitious and exciting roadmap to architect and build solutions with GCP+AWS using DWH Snowflake and services such as Dataflow, Spark, DataBricks, Airflow, Pub/Sub, Looker, Google 360 Suite, to name a few, and also build/derive models from the data. In our highly entrepreneurial environment, you will be expected to be self-motivated and capable of working effectively as part of a highly dynamic and fast-paced team. You will be working alongside a group of highly talented engineers and analytics team.
- Work closely with business to assist business in taking data-driven solutions and to build a singular view of how data should be used.
- Work within our Data engineering team alongside other Data Engineers Design, in architecting and supporting new and existing data and ELT pipelines, and recommend improvements and modifications.
- Develop monitoring systems to ensure our data platform is behaving as expected and alerting us when it is not.
- Constantly look for, identify and analyze performance bottlenecks in our data layer (such as slow queries or process inefficiencies), helping other engineers debug issues with data pipelines.
- Write code that follows Software engineering lifecycle of plan, design, implement, review, test along with CI/CD.
- Exhibit interest and tenacity in exploring key opportunities for next generation technologies, develop quick prototypes to demonstrate the product.
- Collaborate with and mentor other engineers in adopting best-in-class data management practices.
- Strong knowledge and experience as a Senior Engineer with strong understanding of databases, OLAP, Cloud DWH architecture, data lake, ELT principles, data marts.
- Experience in work with cloud DWH: Snowflake or BigQuery.
- Understanding Data Governance components: MDM, Data Quality, Data Consistency, Data Catalog, Data Security,
- Strong knowledge and experience in building production level (high performance, horizontally scalable, reliable, monitored) applications and supporting infrastructure on technologies and frameworks such as Spark, Dataflow, containers (Docker, Kubernetes), Kafka, Pub/Sub, Stackdriver, Spring Boot, Microservice-based architecture etc.
- Proficient in at least one of the following programming languages - SQL, Python, Java.
- Experience in work with ETL frameworks- Airflow(preferable)/Luigi/AWS Glue
- Experience with CI/CD tools (JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins, etc.)
- Good analytical, problem solving and technical skills. Solid understanding of core computer science fundamentals and programming principles
- Strong communications and technical documentation skills
- Experience with Agile (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
What we offer:
- You will be working on the most compelling products used by millions of people throughout the world every day;
- A high level of compensation and excellent opportunities for supplemental income (an extensive system of bonuses);
- Professional growth – paid bookings for conferences and seminars in the country and abroad, company-paid certifications, specialized literature, in-house training;
- Extensive employment benefits – English language classes, gym membership, corporate gifts on special occasions;
- Comfortable work and living – downtown office, modern equipment, a comfortable office chair for everyone from day one, snacks and other niceties. Corporate parties, office events, poker games, and a lot of other perks.