Kontur is a US startup that develops a geospatial analytics platform that uses a combination of AI and innovative mapping technologies to provide visual, location-aware intelligence across business verticals. For many regions in the world, natural disasters are not only the news headline - it’s the reality of life. We’re helping companies, governments and communities to reduce the impact of natural disasters and to provide the help and resources to those who need them the most.
Currently, we’re looking for a talented GIS Analyst to join our team in Minsk. If you want to make the world a bit safer place by providing a next generation of disaster resilience solutions, then we have a job for you :)
Why would you want to join?
- Actually helping people. Our solutions are already being used by such organizations as the Pacific Disaster Center, Beacon NGO, and Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team in the real cases of natural and man-made disasters. Knowing that the feature you’ve been working so hard on will actually help to save lives is priceless.
- Unmatched expertise. You will be working alongside the leaders of the GIS community, seasoned tech visionaries, entrepreneurs, engineers and tech leaders with decades of hands-on experience.
- Comfort. We believe that only in a comfortable and safe environment you will be able to perform at your best. That's why we have a flexible schedule and avoid overtime work. The healthy and friendly atmosphere in the company is something we truly value and are proud of.
Duties and responsibilities
- Curate and process geodata to support ongoing natural disaster related projects in Kontur.
- Create and maintain geospatial data processing pipelines, for both vector data sources and satellite imagery.
- Check sanity of the data, and invent cross-check methods to estimate errors.
- Perform ad-hoc and recurring disaster analysis, finding datasets to answer specific questions.
- Attend in-house standup meetings and local GIS events.
- Keep an eye on partners and the competition.
Things we seek
- Experience maintaining large collections of datasets.
- Satellite data processing, including SAR Radar data, available visible spectrum imagery (Sentinel, Landsat).
- Good knowledge of Open GIS software stack: PostGIS, QGIS, GDAL, Python / RasterIO, Fiona.
Things that will set you apart
- OpenStreetMap mapping experience.
- Familiarity with Computer Vision Machine Learning methods.
- Strong technical background