ObjectStyle is a US and Belarus-based provider of open source solutions and commercial software development services. We are the primary contributors on such projects as Apache Cayenne, Bootique.io, LinkRest.io, and a number of others. We have clients around the globe, with the majority located in the US.
We are looking to hire a full-time senior DevOps / CloudEngineer to join our DevOps team. Our team works with such clients as NHL and Wikimedia and helps them to design, program and operate services in AWS and data center environment. The right candidate will know how to build infrastructure with the robustness to keep servers running 24x7, while maintaining the security of customer data.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Build the full stack of AWS Cloud Infrastructure.
- Migrate applications to Kubernetes
- Build configuration and automation tools to simplify the process of deploying, upgrading, and scaling systems and software across our environment.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of monitoring, continuous integration and platform integration.
- Ability to plan, document, and execute tasks effectively given minimum supervision within a structured, highly available environment.
- Provide technical support on application server-related and web applications issues.
- Ability to diagnose problems from vague initial customer description through the full stack to underlying root cause.
- Available to provide after-hours support.
- Strong Focus on security best practices.
- 5 years administrating Linux servers and at least 2 years AWS experience
- Experience with virtualization & container technologies – Kubernetes, Docker
- Experience with AWS Cloud Core Services - EC2, EBS, S3, etc, AWS Cloud Networking & Security – Security Groups, VPCs
- High degree of proficiency in automation technologies, you know how to write modules, how to script API calls, because you’ve done it many times before - Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Terraform
- Experience with full stack website operations, at scale, in a 100+ server environment
- Solid Linux background, preferably CentOS and/or RedHat
- Knowledge of TCP/IP network protocols and common system protocols such as SNMP, SMTP, DNS, FTP(S), SSH, HTTP
- Good English and communication skills and the ability to directly interact with the client
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with AWS Security Tools including 3rd party tools, 2FA Services, WAF (CloudFlare, Centrify)
- Experience with Big Data and NoSQL – Hadoop, HBase, Sqoop