Kontur is a US startup developing a geospatial analytics platform that uses a combination of AI and innovative mapping technologies to provide visual, location-aware intelligence across business verticals. For many regions in the world, natural disasters are not only news headlines - it’s the reality of life. We’re helping companies, governments and communities to reduce the impact of natural disasters and to provide the help and resources to those who need them the most.
Currently, we’re looking for a talented Project Manager / Business Analyst to work with our current and future clients. We’re working with such organizations as Pacific Disaster Center to help their users prepare for and manage the impact of disasters worldwide.
Why would you want to join?
- Helping actual people. Our solutions are already being used by such organizations as the Pacific Disaster Center, Beacon NGO, and Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team in the real cases of natural and man-made disasters. Knowing that the feature you’ve been working so hard on will actually help to save lives is priceless.
- Unmatched expertise. You will be working alongside the leaders of the GIS community, seasoned tech visionaries, entrepreneurs, engineers and tech leaders with decades of hands-on experience.
- Travel. Ironically, the most beautiful places on earth are at a bigger risk of natural disasters. We frequently travel on business to places such as Hawaii.
- Comfort. We believe that only in a comfortable and safe environment you will be able to perform at your best. That's why we have a flexible schedule and avoid overtime work. The healthy and friendly atmosphere in the company is something we truly value and are proud of.
Duties and responsibilities
- Handle the communication and relationships with the client
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within the scope and within budget
- Provide clear software specification to the development team
- Make a development process transparent and predictable for clients and for the team
- Triage incoming workload, maintain focus on priorities, and set realistic expectations for both clients and team members
Things we seek
- Work experience as a Project manager in IT for more than 2 years
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in English
- An ability to deliver projects and answer inquiries on time
- Business acumen with a problem-solving attitude
- English level Upper-Intermediate +
Things that will set you apart
- Experience of working with GIS systems
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team
- Strong technical background