Kontur is a US startup developing a geospatial analytics platform that uses a combination of AI and innovative mapping technologies to provide visual, location-aware intelligence across business verticals. For many regions in the world, natural disasters are not only news headlines - it’s the reality of life. We’re helping companies, governments and communities to reduce the impact of natural disasters and to provide the help and resources to those who need them the most.
Currently, we’re looking for a talented Marketer to join our team in Minsk. If you want to make the world a safer place by providing a next generation of disaster management solutions, then we have a job for you :)
Why would you want to join?
- Helping actual people. Our solutions are already in use by such organizations as the Pacific Disaster Center, Beacon NGO, and Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team in the real cases of natural and man-made disasters. Knowing that the feature you’ve been working on so hard will actually help to save lives is priceless.
- Unmatched expertise. You will be working alongside the leaders of the GIS community, seasoned tech visionaries, entrepreneurs, engineers and tech leaders with decades of hands-on experience.
- Impact. You will be an integral part of the team. You will sit together in the same meetings, attend the same events and know exactly what the team is up to. Your opinion will be heard and can shape the path of the product.
- Professional growth. We see this position as the future Head of Marketing at Kontur.
- Comfort. We believe that only in a comfortable and safe environment you will be able to perform at your best. That's why we have a flexible schedule and avoid overtime work. The healthy and friendly atmosphere in the company is something we truly value and are proud of.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with Sales and Product Management to support them with marketing materials.
- Make announcements about product/company news to our communication channels.
- Create materials (press releases, landing pages, case studies, etc.) around new product features, partnerships, and Kontur's activities.
- Attend in-house standup meetings and local GIS events.
- Keep an eye on partners and the competition.
- Work to raise Kontur's brand awareness. Adjust Kontur's positioning in the market when necessary.
- Analyze marketing campaigns effectiveness and reinvest in things that work.
Things we seek
- Decent copywriting skills (there will be a lot of copy to write)
- Advanced (nearly native-speaker) communication in English at an level, especially in writing.
- Understanding of design and project management basics. Effective work with the designer, and other team members.
- Proficiency with marketing tools like Google Analytics, Keynote (PowerPoint), Sketch, etc.
- Decent time management skills: can prioritize tasks and get things done without neglecting things that were requested some time ago but were not top-of-mind at the time.
Things that will set you apart
- Good taste, understanding of "classy" and understanding that "less is more"
- Diverse mix of skills and experiences, including experiences with advertising on Twitter/Facebook, video production, print or photography.
- Experience with GIS systems