Kontur is a US startup developing a geospatial analytics platform that uses a combination of AI and innovative mapping technologies to provide visual, location-aware intelligence across business verticals. For many regions in the world, natural disasters are not only news headlines - it’s the reality of life. We’re helping companies, governments and communities to reduce the impact of natural disasters and to provide the help and resources to those who need them the most.
Currently, we’re looking for a Team Lead for a Core Platform team in Minsk. If you want to make the world a safer place by providing a next generation of disaster management solutions, then we have a job for you :)
Why would you want to join?
- Helping actual people. Our solutions are already being used by such organizations as the Pacific Disaster Center, Beacon NGO, and Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team in the real cases of natural and man-made disasters. Knowing that the feature you’ve been working so hard on will actually help to save lives is priceless.
- Unmatched expertise. You will be working alongside the leaders of the GIS community, seasoned tech visionaries, entrepreneurs, engineers and tech leaders with decades of hands-on experience.
- Comfort. We believe that only in a comfortable and safe environment you will be able to perform at your best. That's why we have a flexible schedule and avoid overtime work. The healthy and friendly atmosphere in the company is something we truly value and are proud of.
Duties and responsibilities
- Plan and organize the work of other engineers as a technical leader of the team
- Lead by example and ensure that the application components are built to the highest standards across the application lifecycle with a constant eye for process improvement through the best development practices
- Carry out code reviews ensuring we maintain and improve our standards
- Produce quality coding of advanced features and fixes for our platform
Things we seek
- 5+ years of commercial development experience
- Experience of leading and mentoring engineering teams
- Expert in core Java concepts, data structures, and algorithms
- Excellent understanding on the programming principles, design patterns and OO best practices
- Expertise with designing distributed applications
- Expertise with designing REST API, solid understanding of client-server communication
- Understanding of modern deployment practices, experience setting up dev/prod application environment
Things that will set you apart
- Experience of working with GIS systems
- Frontend development experience, preferably with React, would be a HUGE plus
- DevOps experience