Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
We’re seeking a talented and creative Graphic Designer to join us in shaping our brand experience by creating beautiful and compelling visuals for our Brand Marketing team. In your role as designer, your day-to-day tasks will focus on creating visually engaging, innovative, and unique marketing campaigns. You will be involved in every aspect of the visual design process across different types of media formats (website, video, physical products, etc.) from brainstorming concepts and interacting with internal teams, to executing creative assets across strategic channels. You'll work closely with the Brand Marketing team to develop original solutions to large and interesting challenges across a variety of platforms.
What You'll Do
- Work on brand design and marketing materials
- Develop a consistent visual design language across all assets
- Take feedback from everyone: the newest person at Mapbox on out to the founders. Everyone has an opinion, and its your job to listen, synthesize, and formulate an end product that reflects and respects all of those POVs — especially your own.
- Collaborate across teams, working with engineers and product managers as well as sales leadership to bring concepts to life.
- Create content that works for a variety of audiences. Your work will be seen in the foosball room of the newest unicorn-to-be startup and the boardroom of the Fortune 50.
- Tell cohesive visual narratives through a wide range of print and digital mediums, including, but not limited to: email newsletters templates, slide decks, banner ads, brochures, posters, presentations, infographics, shirts, and stickers.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 3 years of experience as a visual designer within a collaborative environment
- Bachelor degree in graphic design, interaction design, related discipline or relevant work experience
- Strong portfolio demonstrating breadth, creativity, and craftsmanship
- Expert in Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, and Sketch
- Strong graphic and typography design skills with layout experience
- Ability to refine other peoples’ ideas and come up with new ones to create a highly thoughtful visual experience
- Well organized, responsible, and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined design on a short timeline
- Proficient with HTML/CSS/JS will be a plus
- Acute attention to detail
- Written and spoken English fluency
- Ability to communicate design rationale with the internal team and stakeholders
- Friendly, flexible, and energetic. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and shift gears from creative development to production.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
We are creating a very strong team of professionals able to solve complicated and interesting tasks. We will provide appropriate working conditions, competitive salary, really nice office in the city center and others.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you consent to the provision of personal data, such as your name and contact information, which are required for Mapbox to process your application.