Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
What We Do
Data Services is a division inside Mapbox, responsible for acquiring, processing, and delivering high quality location-oriented data to enable internal and external customers. Map data Review, Annotate, Validate, and Edit (RAVE) is a key component of maintaining high quality map data. The Data RAVE team depends on high quality, easy to use tools to enable efficient processing of map data changes.
RAVE Tooling Team provides Mapbox AI teams and Data services with tooling for human annotation, review, validation and edits. There are now >50 RAVE Editors/Annotators staffed in Minsk (and expanding) and they use a variety of desktop+ web tools in their everyday annotation, OSM changes review, and map-editing work. This Tooling Team maintains these tools, ensures operational excellence and develops new features/tooling as needed.
What You’ll Do
- You will work with RAVE and RAVE Tooling team to define business outcomes for maintaining Mapbox data quality.
- You will set the overall strategy, roadmap, and direction for RAVE Tooling team
- You will participate in operational planning process
- Through continuous communication with internal and external customers and understanding their needs, you will develop Mapbox priorities in human processing for the data across all organization
- You will create vision, supporting documentation, product requirements, collect and organize feedback, work closely with our internal and external stakeholders
- You will act as the Product Owner in team Scrum processes, provide description of the problems, user stories with acceptance criteria
- You will build quality metrics being the source-of-truth to Engineering teams, Sales, Marketing, and external customers
What We Believe are Important Knowledge & Experiences for This Role
- You are self-directed, driven, and sharp
- You can create and communicate strategic, multi-faceted relationships and business plans with key partners
- Product Management experience, derived from at least 3+ years of working as a technology product manager: requirements, planning, value articulation, pricing, competitive analysis
- You are able to make good decisions in ambiguity that consider the whole picture and relevant tradeoffs
- A strong combination of business savvy and technology understanding
- A curiosity to learn internal and external customer pain, behavior and competitive offerings
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing both to technical engineering audience
- Plus include knowledgeable in geolocation data, geolocation data processing, and data science algorithms.
- Plus include understanding of enterprise software technology stacks, data processing, cloud platforms. The understanding may be gained as a former developer/software engineer or product manager for enterprise software products.
What We Value
- We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We value transparent, in-depth communication. Strong culture of open debate, decide, and commit. We value deeply understand problems and solving them at the root.
- We value the spirit of entrepreneurship, action-orientation, and fast moving ethos.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
We are creating a very strong team of professionals able to solve complicated and interesting tasks. We will provide appropriate working conditions, competitive salary, really nice office in the city center and others.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you consent to the provision of personal data, such as your name and contact information, which are required for Mapbox to process your application.