Viber is one the most popular apps in the world. Working at Viber provides a unique opportunity to influence hundreds of millions of people with our messaging app.
Viber is seeking an experienced VoIP engineer to join our VoIP technical team, who can work on cutting-edge, large scale VoIP systems in a cloud environment. The team is responsible for controlling and managing the non-free network traffic and components of Viber. As a key part of the VoIP team, this individual will be responsible for creating interconnections and maintaining existing ones, solving communication issues and fixing bugs with vendors/carriers and internal departments, testing and monitoring the network and services, as well as other technical tasks.
This is a full time job, 5 days a week (Tue-Sat is prefarable). from the Viber Office in Minsk. In addition you will be part of the team on-call support 1-2 times a week during off-hours.
- Strong technical expertise with hands-on experience in networking technologies with high availability network monitoring, VoIP and SMS (SMPP/HTTP)
- Ensure all elements of the network are functioning at an optimal performance level
- Identify customer technical problems and suitable solutions to resolve issues
- Support the team and make recommendations to improve our product, policies, and procedures to keep the platform running smoothly
- Provide level II and level III support and implement a critical network communication infrastructure with an emphasis on voice communications, involving support of network systems and recommending resources required to maintain or expand service levels
- Resolve complex system, security, local/wide area network and end-user (voice communications, networking equipment) problems and address related questions
- Monitor, support, test, and evaluate LAN/WAN/VPN data communication systems and other network system
- Knowledge in open source VoIP platforms like Open SIPs, Free Switch, etc.
- Knowledge in SIP protocol, transcoding and SMPP protocol
- Knowledge and understanding of debugging with packet sniffers such as: TCP dump and Wireshark
- Proven experience in networking (switches, firewalls, routers)
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal and customer care skills
Nice to have:
- 3+ years of proven experience with class 4 or class 5 voice switches
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Python, LUA, etc.)
- Experience in AWS or other cloud environments
- Experience in Linux OS
- Knowledge of Voice/SMS billing systems
- Knowledge of WebRTC
- Unique loyalty program
- Medical insurance
- Office near the metro station "Nemiga"
- Cozy office
- Comfortable working places
- English lessons in the office
- Individual approach in all matters
- Democratic management.