Maps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR.
Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, looking at a gym on ClassPass, sending your snaps on Snapchat, tracking your personal best on Strava, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world. We are the developer platform for location.
We’re seeking a talented and creative Webflow Designer to join us in shaping our web experience by creating beautiful and compelling pages and websites. In your role as webflow designer, your day-to-day tasks will focus on creating visually engaging, innovative, and unique web pages. You will be involved in every aspect of the web design process across different projects from brainstorming concepts and interacting with internal teams, to executing creative assets across strategic channels.
What You'll Do
- Join a team that owns mapbox.com from design and front-end standpoint.
- Create new product pages and microsites using Webflow.
- Responsible for the success of mapbox.com acting as a product manager measuring and analyzing the effectiveness of the website to meet business goals.
- Enable the wider Mapbox organization to own their respective areas of the website training business users how to create content using the Webflow CMS.
- Delight visitors with compelling designs and modern animations that enrich the page content.
- Work closely with other product owners at the company to help them best represent the strengths of their respective service.
- Focus on ways to boost SEO and run multiple experiments providing data to confirm your hypotheses.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 2+ years of front-end development experience, with at least 1 year working with Webflow.
- 2+ years of experience as a visual/graphic/web designer within a collaborative environment.
- Experience with design tools like Figma, InVision, Sketch and Adobe Photoshop.
- Bring an awareness and the desire to build accessible websites.
- Excellent design, color, and typographic skills.
- Proficient with HTML/CSS/JS, or you have enough front-end familiarity to collaborate with engineers on our team.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating breadth, creativity, and craftsmanship.
- Well organized, responsible, and dedicated, with the ability to work on multiple projects and deliver refined design on a short timeline
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate design rationale with the internal team and stakeholders.
- Experience with search engine optimization (SEO) and landing page optimization.
- Ability to work autonomously on high-impact projects, while keeping cross-functional stakeholders informed at key decision points.
- Ability to manage different projects, prioritize tasks, and communicate deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Prone to action, willing to roll up your sleeves and iterate to find the best solution.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.