- Maintaining AWS-hosted PostgreSQL databases to meet the current needs of growing technology function, accessing and extracting information from externally maintained MSSQL and MySQL databases.
- Working with customer software development team to ensure that each data feed is configured and tuned for optimal performance to all output platforms.
- Sourcing complex data structures, and designing and managing their input into the database.
What we expect from you:
- 2+ years’ experience with performing key DBA functions on PostgreSQL and SQL Server, designing database schemas, performance tuning, index maintenance and active monitoring.
- Experience in writing high performance queries and stored procedures.
- Experience in deploying database changes/migrations.
- Spoken English.
It would be a plus to have:
- Knowledge/awareness of agile and SCRUM working practices.
- Good documentation skills – experience in developing entity-relationship and schema diagrams.
- Exposure to Cloud infrastructure, specifically AWS (RDS).
- Working practice of geodatabases.
- Experience in working with programming languages (Python, R, Perl, Java, Bash, Powershell, for example) for general purpose programming, e.g. accessing APIs, automating processes, manipulating data and prediction.
- Working in one of the four largest IT companies in Belarus
- Projects for such clients as PayPal, Wargaming, Xerox, Philips, adidas and Toyota
- Competitive compensation that depends on your qualification and skills
- Career development system with clear skill qualifications
- Flexible working hours aligned to your schedule
- Offices located in city center
- Corporate medical insurance covering services of private and public medical centers
- Corporate discount program ensuring savings on various products and services for our employees and their kids, including but not limited to education, entertainment, insurance, food delivery, etc.
- English courses right in our offices
- Corporate parties and events for employees and their children
- Internal conferences, workshops and meetups for learning and experience sharing
- Gym membership compensation, corporate sport competitions (cybersport included), corporate football, basketball and volleyball teams
- 5 days of paid sick leave per year with no obligation to submit a sick-leave certificate