Work alongside some of the world’s best data scientists and the Front End team to continually improve and evolve the user interface of the DataRobot application.
The job requires the ability to rapidly prototype new features, demonstrate them to various stakeholders (data scientists, product managers, corporate management) and peers, accept feedback and iterate on implementation as necessary.
Shrink is an internally-facing data science application used by development teams. Shrink developers have to be familiar with both the data science behind new features and infrastructure to deploy and run DataRobot. The app needs a full-stack UI/UX engineer prepared to keep up with the testing needs of our ever-growing engineering department.
- Update the existing front-end of the Shrink application to make it easier to extend
- Collect requirements from developers for data visualization updates
- Design functionality that can be customized on a user or department level
- 5+ years of experience in front-end web development
- Experience with testing frameworks (unit and e2e) using Jasmine / Mocha / Protractor
- Strong knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and the ability to write clean, semantic markup
- Experience using SASS or LESS CSS preprocessors
- Familiarity with standard front-end toolkit: automation/packaging tools such as Grunt, Gulp, Karma, Webpack, Babel etc.
- Familiarity with Git
- Time management skills applied to a demanding release cycle; knowing when to fix a bug with minimal code impact vs. refactoring to refactor
- Proficiency with D3.js.
- Familiarity with data visualisation techniques
- Experience with Python, MongoDB, Node and WebSockets
- Familiarity with the Linux command line
- Key Technologies:
- Python, Node, MongoDB, Redis