DataRobot changes the way users build and deploy highly accurate machine learning models.
What does it take to develop the highest quality data science product on the market? A hybrid testing strategy that combines humans and automation and gets the best of both worlds.
Our QA Philosophy at DataRobot is one of Quality “Assistance” rather than assurance; as a result, our lean team focuses on empowering every engineering team to own the quality of their code and ensure adequate test coverage for new features.
Do you want to work on world-class AI-enabled Geospatial applications? The kind that could help identify where there is a higher risk of natural disasters, areas where dangerous accidents might occur, or predict where goods or services should be located to best serve customers? Come and experience our strong engineer-first culture, and strengthen your skills working on challenging AI and Systems problems.
As a QA engineer, you will:
- Test new features for upcoming releases.
- Review technical specs for new features
- Help writing test plans, test reports and provide suggestions in improving the QA processes
- Write and execute exploratory tests for new features
- Communicate with product and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and product testing objectives.
- Manage directives for third-party manual regression testing.
- Review test coverage of new features and provide suggestions to improve their quality
- Review results of automated tests and analyze failures and performance regressions
- Analyze new feature performance against established baselines
- Spec and build tools to improve Product Quality team efficiency
- Be an active member of the team, suggesting improvements of the processes to increase quality of the product and performance of the team
Successful candidates will be passionate about exploratory testing, test automation, initiative-driven, and self-directed.
- 3+ years of professional quality assurance and testing experience with web applications
- Good knowledge of testing theory, especially of exploratory testing methods
- Experience with REST API testing
- Experience with testing different databases (PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc)
- Experience with test management tools, (TestRail), automation servers (Jenkins), version control software (GitHub, Bitbucket), and Linux and/or Mac OS X
- An interest in data science, demonstrated by completion of five or more online data science classes at DataCamp or equivalent site.
- Experience analyzing and plotting quantitative data in Python or R
- Object oriented programing knowledge: Python or Java preferred
- Good English skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent
- Experience with location-based services or other geospatial products
- Skills working with geographic information systems (GIS), geospatial data analytics, and/or spatial data science tools/techniques
- Test automation experience: Cypress/Selenium/Protractor/Mocha
- Docker or Kubernetes experience
- AWS expertise
- Data science experience with computational metrics
- Technical writing experience
Why work with us:
- We are a company founded and managed by engineers
- We are automating data science which is challenging but cool at the same time
- We are funded by top tier investors
- We have a great working environment that is warm and friendly