EIS is an insurance software company that enables leading insurers to innovate and operate like a tech company: fast, simple, agile. Founded in 2008, EIS provides an open, flexible platform of core systems and digital solutions allowing insurers to accelerate and scale innovation, launch products faster, deliver new revenue channels, and create experiences the world will love. With thousands of APIs, the platform gives insurers the freedom to connect to a vast ecosystem of insurtech and emerging technologies. EIS powers premium growth for insurers in all lines of business worldwide. For more information visit EISGroup.com
We are looking for smart, dynamic and intuitive people to join our growing team of insurance technology professionals and industry experts – this particular opportunity is for an experienced Business Analyst.
About the Role
Business Analyst works in the insurance domain to understand its key business processes (such as underwriting, quote rating, commission management, claims adjudication, enrollment, and others), translate them into clear and structured requirements (business rules), and implement them using OpenL Tablets syntax and Excel spreadsheets. Requirements are gathered by analyzing the existing EIS Suite modules and components, conducting market research to reveal market trends and gain insights about best practices followed by insurance companies, and working closely with the EIS strategy team to define and manage EIS product roadmap.
Business Analyst actively collaborates with other teams (such as Policy, Claims, and others) to manage cross-functional dependencies and align the strategy for OpenL products development with other EIS Suite modules. Deep understanding of the insurance domain processes and interrelations between its components is required to successfully perform this task.
Additionally, Business Analyst is responsible for defining and documenting guidelines and best practices for OpenL products, articulating them to other teams at EIS, and conducting external demoes for existing and potential EIS customers.
- Define effective communication approach for various stakeholder groups (architects, implementation and quality assurance teams, strategy team, customers), plan and hold online and face-to-face meetings with them
- Research, analyze, and document functional and non-functional requirements related to key business processes in the insurance domain, create data models for them
- Implement business rules in web-based and Excel-based environments using OpenL Tablets syntax, verify implemented business rules using OpenL tests
- Manage dependencies between OpenL business rules and other solution components and systems involved, prepare data mappings and integration requirements
- Work with the EIS strategy team to define and manage product roadmap; be responsible for backlog management
- Conduct demoes and training sessions for internal and external stakeholders
- Minimum of 3 years of experiences as Business Analyst
- Ability to work successfully on large IT projects with complex business logic
- Strong data modeling and business process modeling skills
- Excellent analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple detail-oriented tasks
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Ability to travel to client sites (minimal)
- Excellent verbal and written English
- Previous academic and/or professional experience in Insurance, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or similar domains will be an advantage
- Previous experience in Product Owner or Product Manager role will be an advantage
- Intermediate/advanced usage of MS Excel will be an advantage
What we offer:
- Ability to work remotely
- Unique working environment
- High level compensation based on the regular performance reviews
- 28 calendar days of paid vacation, 3 paid sick leave days
- Medical insurance
- Various social & team-building activities
- Free English lessons
- А comfortable location close to the subway station "Grushevka"
By applying for this job vacancy, the candidate affirms the processing of his/her personal data according to the Personal Data Protection Law and their storage in the HR unit of EIS Belarus. Without candidate’s consent his/her personal data will not be disclosed to the third parties.
We look forward to hearing from you!