This is an excellent opportunity in our Minsk office for a self-driven, motivated systems engineer to be part of systems engineering team at IDT and beside providing 24/7/365 support for mission-critical services design and deliver, next generation of systems and services to developers / customers within IDT . If you are highly motivated, ambitious, ready to learn and make a direct impact, this is your chance! Our employees are considered critical and vital to our continued growth and success. The individual in this role will design, deploy, troubleshoot and perform core system administration function to manage critical infrastructure across the organization.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting UNIX / Windows-based systems. Typical working hours in India would be 12-9PM India time. An individual is expected to be part of on-call rotation for 24/7/365 support.
Expert level knowledge on managing storage subsystems and technologies.
Expert level knowledge on virtualization technologies like VMWare, CItrix etc.
6-8 years of real hands-on experience in Linux / Windows system administration tasks and troubleshooting.
Deep knowledge of underlying hardware subsystems / technologies and troubleshooting experience.
Experience with building and managing high throughput database servers on linux.
Familiarity with open source tools (Chef / puppet / ansible / kickstart) for automation, installation, monitoring and configuration management
Configuration and management of DNS, Mail (SMTP, IMAP, POP), and FTP services.
Good PERL and Shell scripts skills
Experience with installation / patching of operating systems, application software
Server backups and data recovery tools and technologies (NetBackup)
Good verbal and written communication skills, must be able to interact within the team and other technical groups
F5 (DNS/Load Balancer) knowledge a plus
Experience with Oracle Exadata a plus
Knowledge of IBM Bladecenters is a plus
Degree in Computer Science or a related technical degree or equivalent experience.
VmWare, Red Hat, AWS certification is a plus
- Competitive salary;
- Free regular English lessons in the office;
- Professional training, seminars and conferences compensation;
- Work environment: world-class office, fresh coffee, tea, fruits and cookies, shower, chill-out zone, corporate library, free car/bicycle parking place, 5 minutes walk to underground (Lenina str., / Centre “Leningrad”);
- Regular team-building events;
- Flexible working hours;
- Medical insurance, sports activities reimbursement;
- Extra perks: relocation package for foreign citizens, referral bonuses, cash gifts for significant life events (birthdays, marriages, child births etc.).