Company IntroductionMaps are no longer static. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data, such as Internet of Things and AR/VR. Whether you’re tracking the delivery of your grocery order, sending snaps on Snapchat, beating your personal best on a workout, or checking today’s forecast, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by mapping the world in real-time. We are the developer platform for location.Mapbox is a global company with offices in Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Beijing, Minsk, and Helsinki. What We DoAt Mapbox, data is foundational. It flows into every product we sell - maps, navigation, or search - and ultimately to our customers. The Data RAVE (Review, Annotation, Validation, Evaluation) team is responsible for ensuring Mapbox customers - like Snap, Facebook, and IBM - receive valuable, accurate, and complete data.What You’ll DoAs a Full-Stack Engineer on the RAVE Tooling team, you will be developing advanced frontend software and API services for creating and validating Mapbox data for neural networks trainings. Your work will play a crucial role in ensuring the quality and completeness of the map data our customers depend on.Your responsibilities will include:
- Drive the design, development, and testing of Mapbox tooling for the annotation of geographic mapping data (such as roads and buildings) and visual data (such as images and videos)
- Establish operational metrics that ensure your tools are performing as expected and drive improvements over time
- Collaborate with in-house annotation team to understand their workflows and gather feedback
- Solve complex workflow problems and implement enhancements in frontend and backend services based on metrics, user feedback, and evolving business requirements
- Maintain documentation for your services
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 3+ years of experience as a full-stack engineer
- Experience with server-side development in Node.js, Express.js
- Experience with one of the following databases - Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB
- Familiarity with modern frontend best practices (build systems, continuous testing, etc)
- Experience with project management tools and Git
- Good understanding how to build robust software
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills. Mapbox has offices in the USA, Finland, China and Belarus. You should communicate about complex ideas concisely to an audience worldwide. Similarly, you should explain your work in detail and walk through decisions with teammates and collaborators
- Self-directed, driven, and sharp. You'll be surrounded by teammates with deep experience in strategy, data, code, and design, but we expect to be learning just as much from you
Would be a plus
- Experience with WebGL or comprehensive image rendering in browser
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and associated technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Python or Bash experience
- Experience with type-checking - Typescript, Flow
- Experience with testing frameworks - Jest, Mocha, Sinon, Chai, Nock
What We Value
- We value high performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We value transparent, in-depth communication. Strong culture of open debate, decide, and commit. We value deeply understand problems and solving them at the root.
- We value the spirit of entrepreneurship, action-orientation, and fast moving ethos.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Working conditionsWe are creating a very strong team of professionals able to solve complicated and interesting tasks. We will provide appropriate working conditions, good salary, really nice office in the city center and others.By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you consent to the provision of personal data, such as your name and contact information, which are required for Mapbox to process your application.
Updated 20 minutes ago