Our client is a technology company that transforms the way brands and agencies make marketing decisions. Our client’s Marketing Platform enables marketers to plan and activate cross channel, programmatic media campaigns using real-time market research, proprietary audience data, advanced analytics, and more than 150 integrated partners, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. The company operates across North America, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
We’re changing the way the world thinks about online advertising and we are looking for talented engineers to join our Digital Portfolio Execution team and help us take it to the next level. This team develop the highly distributed web applications and big data systems to efficiently run the client’s online advertisement platform for some of the client’s largest customers.
We are seeking Sr. Software Engineers with a knack for writing well-designed, highly performant, scalable, and fault-tolerant server code to handle over 10 billion daily server-to-server requests. The role involves developing and designing features and new interfaces in collaboration with internal Product Management and other development and operational Engineering teams. Your responsibilities will be based on your experience level and accomplishments. You’ll be part of a highly talented collaborative team working on various technical challenges, ranging from scalability to innovative feature design and development. The senior members on the team will also play a key role in various architectural efforts and potentially lead complex feature design in our server platform. It is expected that every member on the team will be hands-on with Java. Senior members on the team may involve less coding tasks but should expect up to 50% of time performing hands-on design and development activities.
- Design and develop distributed, low latency / high throughput, multi-threaded server infrastructure components
- Build and scale internet-facing ad serving components
- Implement new server interfaces for use by company’s technology partners
- Learn and grow your technical skill sets and industry knowledge from local experts
- Java 8+
- Spring (MVC, Data, Boot)
- Aurora/MySQL, Redshift/Postgres
- AWS (S3, Lambda, SQS, SNS)
- 1.5+ years programming Java or similar object-oriented language.
- Experience with web servers (e.g. Tomcat) , server-side development, performance tuning, and debugging techniques
- Understanding of HTTP request/response structures and lifecycle
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and thread safety
- Detail oriented, meticulous, well organized, and articulate
- Knowledge of common data formats (XML, JSON, Protocol Buffers, etc.)
- Familiarity with video standards (e.g. VAST and VPAID) and online video players