Evolution is a world-leading B2B provider of video-streamed Live Dealer gaming, committed to deliver a unique and flawless gameplay across multiple platforms through revolutionary product innovation. Firmly rooted in our values: ALIVE, do RIGHT and work TOGETHER, we are on a quest to lead the way in an industry which is pioneering technical solutions and pushing the limits of what has been done in terms of online user experience.
Our services have won multiple industry awards, including 'Live Casino Supplier of the Year' at the 2019 EGR B2B Awards for nine consecutive years and 'Casino Content Provider of the Year' in the 2019 EGR North America Awards.
Our success is largely down to the quality and commitment of our people. We are now looking for an experienced and driven engineer. This is truly an exciting opportunity for a talented individual who is looking for a career in a dynamic and international work environment.
Evolution Gaming Group AB (publ) was founded in 2006 and it is stock listed on the Swedish stock exchange Nasdaq. Today, about 8000 people work in the company's 14 sites, including locations such as the U.S., Malta, Latvia, Georgia, the Netherlands, Canada, Estonia, Belarus, the U.K. and Sweden.
We are searching for passionate Scala Engineers. We thrive in well-designed, scalable, systems which use modern functional programming based design approaches. We believe that the functional programming approach in Scala results in systems which are easier to build and maintain - we use modern, pragmatic approaches such as Tagless Final and libraries such as Cats and Cats Effect to achieve this.
You will need to:
- Be proactive, pragmatic and professional, deliver results;
- Write code that make our games and related functionality run;
- Write unit and other automated tests;
- Work and communicate efficiently with the rest of the development team, including PO, front-end developers and designers;
- Actively participate in code reviews so that code delivered by you and your team is of great quality;
- Own your applications, ensure they deploy and run 24/7 on our Kubernetes platform with great performance;
- Be ready to invest the effort to become an even better developer;
To succeed in this role you should have:
- Passion for our profession, in particular Scala and Functional Programming, and improving yourself technically
- Proven experience in delivering production software using Scala or comparable experience, such as extensive JVM or Haskell experience
- Interest in the latest programming trends such as functional and reactive programming
- Excellent communication skills and a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or equivalent.
We will appreciate:
- Experience building high performance clustered systems, modular FP-based architecture, as well as actor systems, where they are necessary;
- Experience in Cats / Scalaz, Cats Effect, ZIO, Monix, Akka Actors, Persistence, Cluster & HTTP, http4s, Tagless Final and/or Scala.js.
- Experience with Event Sourcing & CQRS;
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Cassandra.
- Entrepreneur culture of the company, which allows you to try new approaches and technologies all the time;
- Recognition from the business which translates to very competitive salaries and a supportive attitude;
- Developing games featuring live video serving customers around the world;
- A healthy mix of startup-like culture of the company, which enables us to try new approaches and technologies and remain on the edge of technological development and enterprise, with stability and supporting functions to help you focus on your job;
- Modern and developer-friendly delivery processes, including Agile (Scrum / Kanban), JIRA issue tracking, Confluence wiki, GitLab source control, Jenkins continuous integration and delivery, modern hardware and software for development (an IDE of your choice);
- Being a part of an international team in a successful, publicly traded company;
- Health insurance, contemporary office environment, tech conference attendance, training, hackathons and other benefits and perks.