At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public—offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
As a Lead Software Engineer you will understand the needs of our users and work in a cross-functional distributed (Minsk + Boston) Fitbit Health Solutions team to craft a simple and high quality platform to meet them.
What you'll work on:
- Engineering delivery of the Fitbit Health Solutions backend services, supporting mobile and cross-browser web clients, to millions of users with Java 8, Finagle, MySQL, Cassandra, Zookeeper, Kafka and related technologies in a scalable cloud environment
- Take ownership of back-end component designs, implementation, deployment, and performance monitoring
- Participate in all aspects of product development from feature definition and estimation, to architecture, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and monitoring
- Expand our existing set of automated tests and work with test and performance engineers to deliver high product quality at scale
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong software engineering and development skills in Java/Scala/.NET
- 6+ years of experience delivering value in B2B or consumer-facing software business
- Experience designing, testing, delivering, and monitoring scalable high-availability software in a cloud computing environment
- Ability to work and achieve results without daily supervision collaborating with other engineers
- Advanced English
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options (RSUs)
- International Team of world-class engineers
- Cutting edge tech stack
- Premium hardware of your choice: Apple or Lenovo
- Comprehensive medical insurance: medicines and dental
- Fitbit employee discount on devices and accessories
- Sport expenses compensation
- Flexible work hours
- 26 days vacation, paid sick leave, extra days off
- Free English classes with native speakers
- Business trips to US & Europe
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Office located in the city center
- Work on life-changing product
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.