Norwegian company Frontbyte with a representative office in Minsk is looking for a talented and experienced Project Manager to join our team to create striking products. Frontbyte is working focused and exclusively for various software companies and technology start-ups. We mentor and assist in the creation of the project scope and it´s product backlog using our UX experts.
We are looking for a digital geek, passionate about disruptive innovation and cutting-edge technologies.
- Assists with developing the project scope and ensures program team understands and is accountable to deliver the key success criteria for the program.
- Identifies and acquires key stakeholders and resources for the projects (including outside vendors) and gains commitment from these key stakeholders/resources/teams to be accountable for delivering on time and within scope.
- Plans projects timeline driving project team members to schedule baselines, including getting solid business requirements, facilitation of sprint planning/code drop, infrastructure build out, etc.
- Identifies and manages project issues, such as scope changes, schedule changes, project risks. Communicates major decisions that impact the project delivery.
- Holds the project team accountable for commitments, tracking dependencies closely.
- Carefully manages risk across the project throughout the project life cycle to ensure the project is delivered on time and within scope.
- Communicates regularly with project teams, peers, management and upper management to set expectations and remain in alignment with key stakeholders and the broader organization on the status of the project.
- Keeps the project teams highly organized and on track for effective implementation and delivery. Implements process improvements quickly where there are inefficiencies in the implementation process.
- Follow up continuously to ensure cross-functional project teams are delivering to their commitments.
- 5+ years in software/IT industry;
- 3+ years of program/project management experience (commercial software development), proven track record is a must. New product delivery is a strong plus;
- Strong technical background, ability to communicate with software engineering teams at their language. SW development background is essential;
- Understanding of software development methodologies, their applicability for different types of projects;
- Excellent inter-personal skills;
- Multi-tasking, ability to work under pressure without need to be micro-managed;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Problem-solving mindset;
- English upper-intermediate or higher (communication is done mostly in English, both verbal and written)
- Cross-cultural awareness
- Ability to travel (one-two weeks per quarter)
- PMP or other certification is a plus