On behalf of Keywee, Ciklum is looking for a Senior Back End Developer to join Minsk team on a full-time basis.
Keywee is looking for a Senior Back End Engineer to lead the development of mission-critical services and APIs. You will be taking full ownership of a system that directly affects the company’s success. To achieve that, you will collaborate with our engineers, data scientists, Product Managers and Customer Success Managers in a dynamic agile environment.
At Keywee (https://keywee.co/), we make stories relevant and powerful for the world’s best storytellers — like The New York Times, The BBC, National Geographic, Forbes, and Red Bull. Today, people aren’t coming to websites to search for content — stories find their audiences in feeds and apps. The upshot? Distribution is now the key to effective storytelling.
Keywee’s platform unlocks audience insights using AI and data science and infuses them into every step of the storytelling process: from topic selection to story creation, to distribution and optimization. Keywee is backed by leading investors such as Google’s Eric Schmidt and The New York Times and has been a fast-growing, profitable startup since its inception.
- Develop core business process in our Ruby on Rails backed web applications: Design and optimize DB layer (PostgreSQL, MySQL); Enhance and refactor business logic layers; Design and expose external APIs to be consumed by multiple clients;
- Design and build services to process, analyze, store big data event streams;
- Help migrate existing code base and processes to the cloud;
- We believe in end-to-end ownership for the full development lifecycle and strive to write code which is easy to test, debug and monitor.
- At least 5 years of experience in a production Web environment, including monitoring and performance tuning;
- 4+ years of experience with Ruby or Python for a Linux environment;
- Prior experience in owning scalable modern web architecture for a full life cycle: Design, Implementation, Testing and Monitoring.
- Experience working with both relational and non-relational databases;
- Experience with AWS services;
- Experience working in a continuous integration environment, container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes).
- A real passion for solving problems and delivering value;
- Strive to write clean code, continuously refactor and improve existing code;
- Working well autonomously and as part of a team;
- Communicate effectively in English both verbally and written.
What’s in it for you?
- Unique working environment where you communicate and work directly with client;
- Variety of knowledge sharing, training and self-development opportunities;
- Workstation configuration upon employee request;
- Competitive salary;
- State of the art, cool, centrally located offices with warm atmosphere which creates really good working conditions;
- Friendly and trusted environment where all ideas are heard.
Ciklum is a top-five global Software Engineering and Solutions Company. Our 3,000+ IT professionals are located in the offices and delivery centres in Ukraine, Belarus, Poland and Spain. As Ciklum's employee, you'll have the unique possibility to communicate directly with the client when working in Extended Teams. Besides, Ciklum is the place to make your tech ideas tangible. The Vital Signs Monitor for the Children’s Cardiac Center as well as Smart Defibrillator, the winner of the IoT World Hackathon in the USA, are among the cool things Ciklumers have developed.