Are you an expert Python developer who loves challenging technical problems including scaling infrastructure, managing massive data, integrating disparate services, and designing clean SOA solutions for single-page web applications and other clients? We need you!
Who we are:
Codex Software is a software company specializing in building complex printing & publishing-, web- and Big Data-related software products. Our employees can expect:
- All the opportunities to grow one’s skills and earnings
- Sponsored events, professional trainings, English courses
- Full medical care in Nordin and LODE, sponsored sports & fitness
About the project:
The products we’re building are internal processes’ automation applications for Macmillan - a group of media companies in the United States, which publishes a wide range of books, magazines, and digital products; one of the TOP-5 publishing companies of the US.
Important things to know:
- The project is very long-term, and all the processes are already perfectly adjusted
- The managers are experienced software developers, and the team members are senior level as well.
- Code quality beats speed. You will be given the ability to write great code, experiment and deliver non-standard elegant solutions.
What we’ll expect from you:
The opening is best fit for an experienced Mid+ or Senior engineer with combined expertise in Python/Django and DevOps. The responsibilities will include:
- Hands-on backend software development
- Helping to manage and scale out the 100% cloud-based systems infrastructure
- Expert in Python and clean (OO) design in support of a service-oriented architecture;
- Product development using Django, Django Rest Framework, Celery, Flask;
- Proponent and practitioner of code reviews, ongoing refactoring, automated testing and Continuous Integration;
- Very comfortable with the Django ORM and varied data stores including PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, and S3;
- Excellent written and verbal communications, effective agile team player
When it comes to DevOps Systems Infrastructure Engineering, the stack includes nginx and Ubuntu using several cloud services (DataDog), but mostly AWS infrastructure (EC2, S3, RDS, ElastiCache, Route53, CloudFront CDN, etc.) Requirements:
- Extensive experience in AWS and Linux systems management including networking and security
- Well-versed in Ansible for systems configuration
- Implemented varied infrastructure solutions for High Availability, scaling and performance including load balancers and various caching
- Data Engineering experience with Big Data a big plus (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, Redshift); git, deployment and container technology a plus.
- You’re passionate about automating everything
The right candidate will help the customer change and improve their practices, tools and infrastructure.
Sounds interesting? Let us talk!
Apply here, drop an email or call our HRs, or just drop by our office for a coffee.