The Enterprise Health team at Fitbit is committed to empowering individuals to take control of their health and equipping health coaches and other healthcare providers with tools that optimize collaboration and care.
We are a passionate team building out the tools to improve health outcomes across our rapidly growing user base. We strive to continually improve our code and our process, ensuring that we can deliver the best feature set to users in the minimal amount of time. We have ambitious goals so we need it to scale. As a Full Stack Software Engineer you will understand the needs of our users and work closely with a cross-functional distributed (Minsk + Boston) team to craft a simple and high quality platform to meet them.
You are a talented software engineer focused on shipping the best quality software. You value autonomy, ownership, and collaborative, fast-moving environments. You enjoy analyzing problems and architecting solutions, and believe that every interaction the customer has should be compelling and first rate. You write clear and concise code using modern tools and frameworks.
What You’ll Work On:
- Nurturing features from back end through mobile and web clients to millions of users with Vue.js, AngularJS, ES6, HTML5, CSS3 and related tools and technologies across browsers and mobile platforms
- Engineering delivery of the Fitbit Health Solutions applications and services to millions of users with Node.js/Java, MongoDB, MySQL and related tools and technologies in a scalable cloud environment
- Collaborative ownership of front-end components and style implementation, as well as back-end component designs, implementation, deployment, and performance monitoring
- Participate in all aspects of product development from feature definition and estimation, to architecture, implementation, testing, deployment, measurement, and refinement
- Expand our existing set of automated tests and work with test and performance engineers to deliver high product quality at scale
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent skill
- 5+ years of experience in B2B or consumer-facing full-stack software development at scale
- Experience designing, testing, delivering, and monitoring scalable high-availability software in a cloud computing environment (Amazon EC2 or Google Cloud Platform preferred)
- Proven ability to create and communicate architectures and designs incorporating third-party libraries to minimize software time-to-market and total lifecycle cost
- Confident English speaker
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options (RSUs)
- International Team of world-class engineers
- Cutting edge tech stack
- Premium hardware of your choice: Apple or Lenovo
- Comprehensive medical insurance: medicines and dental
- Fitbit employee discount on devices and accessories
- Sport expenses compensation
- Flexible work hours
- 26 days vacation, paid sick leave, extra days off
- Free English classes with native speakers
- Business trips to US & Europe
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Office located in the city center
- Work on life-changing product
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.