IDT Corporation is an American telecommunications company founded in 1990 and headquartered in Newark, New Jersey. Today it is an industry leader in prepaid communication and payment services and is one of the world's largest international voice carriers. IDT’s flagship brand is Boss Revolution, which includes International Calling, Mobile Top Up, and Money Transfer services. IDT is listed on the NYSE, employs over 1000 people across 20+ countries and has revenues in excess of $1.5 billion. More information at www.idt.net
IDT is looking for a Maintenance Engineer for Application & Infrastructure Support team to be a key part of the Technical Operations Group. This position will be mostly important on defense for Applications and Services in our Production environment. They will provide end-to-end support for revenue generating applications as well as internal tools used by IDT employees. The Maintenance Engineer will work closely with Development/QA teams, System Administrators, DBAs, Network Engineers and Product Owners in the Commercial department. This position will be responsible for maintaining applications built on a diverse technology stack including IIS, .NET / Java applications, and Oracle. The candidate must be focused, hard-working, and self-motivated with the ability to work across teams and organizations.
- Analyze and resolve high level Production issues (L2 and higher).
- Work closely with the Application Development teams to troubleshoot and learn.
- Be part of a 24x7 on-call support (on schedule).
- Provide a RCA for production issues to avoid recurrence.
- Understand applications and services being supported from both customer and technology perspectives
- Build relationships with business users and technology groups.
- Development of support for an automated application deployment system.
- To take part in rolling out new releases and as well in updating applications on prod.
- Improvement of monitoring systems.
Changeable schedule, without night shift.
- Experience supporting distributed applications on Windows and Linux
- Experience with IIS Web Server, Tomcat/JBoss and SQL
- Experience with Networks, Firewalls, File Shares, Windows and Linux OS
- Good written and oral communication in English
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical business colleagues
- Strong sense of customer perspective and proven problem-solving skills
- Passion for continuous process improvement
- English skills (intermediate+)
Desired Skills (great advantage)
- Excellent experience with SQL
- Experience with VoIP/SIP
- Experience with AWS environment is a plus
- Ability to read/write code is a plus
- Experience with Agile and Scrum\Kanban processes and methods is a plus