We are a Mapbox R&D center in Minsk, focused on computer vision and developing HD-maps for self-driving cars.
Using computer vision, machine learning, AR and the Mapbox location data platform, we build the basis for self-driving cars and change the way people move and explore our world.
Joining us as a C++ Developer, you'll play a key role in one of the aspects of developing software/tech for self-driving cars. You'll bring your experience and skills to our exciting project within a competent, cross-functional, passionate and self-organized team.
We are looking for smart, fast learning team players who are driven by the idea of self-driving car development.
- As a Software Engineer at Mapbox team, you will be responsible for the product development for a self-driving car. Your responsibilities will include:
- Writing clean, fast code to implement new features;
- Designing and implementing new features;
- Implementing real time algorithms running on low power hardware devices;
- Thinking through the best ways to solve particular technical challenges.
- Experience in software development;
- Strong proficiency in C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification;
- Strong knowledge of the standard library;
- Passionate about programming and have a strong focus on performance aspects;
- Knowledge of C++14 standard is appreciated;
- Knowledge of writing a cross-platform code is appreciated;
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git;
- Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver;
- Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment;
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
What We Value
- In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities;
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people;
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company;
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
We are creating a very strong team of professionals able to solve complicated and interesting tasks. We will provide appropriate working conditions, good salary, really nice office in the city center and others.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you consent to the provision of personal data, such as your name and contact information, which are required for Mapbox to process your application.