IDT Corporation is an American telecommunications company founded in 1990 and headquartered in Newark, New Jersey. Today it is an industry leader in prepaid communication and payment services and is one of the world's largest international voice carriers. IDT’s flagship brand is Boss Revolution, which includes International Calling, Mobile Top Up, and Money Transfer services. IDT is listed on the NYSE, employs over 1000 people across 20+ countries and has revenues in excess of $1.5 billion. More information at www.idt.net
The main role of a GNOC Support Engineer is to proactively monitor and resolve all production alerts within IDT’s Global network. The candidate will be able to work in a 24x7x365 environment including overnight, weekends and Holidays. Candidates must be self-motivated, possess excellent troubleshooting, communication & analytical skills while working in a team atmosphere. Candidates for this position should have a general network troubleshooting background as well as experience in various platforms (VoIP & SIP, Unix/Linux, Windows OS, Cisco/Juniper, Hosted PBX / Asterisk or more).
- Proactively monitor all production networks, applications and services.
- Respond to & resolve alerts/alarms according to standard operating procedures.
- Track all issues in a ticketing system.
- Escalate alerts/issues to appropriate Support team and work with Support team towards a timely resolution.
- Provide internal and external customers with status updates adhering to SLA processes and procedures.
- Be able to interact with our customers both professionally and technically.
- Update and expand the existing knowledge base monitoring objects.
- Changeable schedule, without night shift.
- Days off: Friday & Saturday or Sunday & Monday
You will need to have:
- Excellent problem solving / troubleshooting skills.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux OS, Networks, Firewalls, File Shares.
- Working knowledge of monitoring systems.
- Working knowledge of issues/ticket track system.
- English skills (intermediate+).
Desired Skills (great advantage)
- Working knowledge of Cisco and/or Juniper network devices and possess the ability to troubleshoot & isolate LAN / WAN events.
- Knowledge of VMWare systems, Cloud Computing, DNS & Load Balancers.
- Knowledge of SIP, VoIP.