We are a Mapbox R&D center in Minsk, focused on computer vision and developing HD-maps for self-driving cars.
Using computer vision, machine learning, AR and the Mapbox location data platform, we build the basis for self-driving cars and change the way people move and explore our world.
Joining us as a Full-Stack Engineer, you'll play a key role in one of the aspects of developing software/tech for self-driving cars. You'll bring your experience and skills to our exciting project within a competent, cross-functional, passionate and self-organized team.
We are looking for smart, fast learning team players who are driven by the idea of self-driving car development.
- Designing, developing, testing and deploying tools for working with data;
- Implementing new features, debugging existing ones;
- Surfacing the problems that slow us down and frustrate us when using our tools;
- We are looking for someone who can also execute on a design, see the streets-review app, see the users doing streets review and annotation and then make a hypothesis how to improve that workflow - and execute it using CSS/ReactJS, etc;
- Work with our internal systems and APIs, write more APIs;
- Documentation and reporting.
- Familiar with modern front-end web best practices (HTML,CSS, browser APIs, unit tests);
- Server-side development experience in Node.js considered a plus;
- Experience with AWS will be an additional favor;
- Experience with project management tools and Git;
- Strong English communication skills. Mapbox has offices in the USA, Finland, China and Belarus. You can communicate complex ideas concisely to an audience worldwide. Similarly, you can explain your work in detail and walk through decisions with teammates and collaborators;
- Self-directed, driven, and sharp. You'll be surrounded by teammates with deep experience in strategy, data, code, and design, but we expect to be learning just as much from you.
What We Value
- In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities;
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people;
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company;
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
We are creating a very strong team of professionals able to solve complicated and interesting tasks. We will provide appropriate working conditions, good salary, really nice office in the city center and others.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you consent to the provision of personal data, such as your name and contact information, which are required for Mapbox to process your application.