What You Will Work On
We write Ruby code a lot, however, our codebases are often polyglot and we keep on experimenting with technologies like Elixir or Go in real production. Therefore, additional experience in other languages and frameworks is, of course, a plus.
Check examples of the products we build.
Responsibilities And Expectations
- You have strong technical expertise and can understand complex codebases
- Write reusable and maintainable code
- Write tests to thoroughly validate the correctness of your code
- Actively contribute to identification of the problems and their solutions Be able to collaborate in cross-functional team to ensure the project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Be ready to work in the company with no hierarchy
Required Skills & Experience
- Excellent general programming skills
- Extensive knowledge of Ruby, Ruby on Rails and its testing frameworks
- Practical experience with different DBs (RDBMS, Key Value / Tuple Store, Wide Column Store / Column Families, Document Store)
- Comfortable with the UNIX/Linux command line
- Good English (ability to communicate fluently)
- Experience in Test-Driven Development and pair programming (good to have)
About The Company
Railsware is a software consultancy company turned into a Product Studio. We’ve worked with Calendly, SendGrid, Philips, Google, and a whole bunch of other interesting companies.
Mailtrap and Smart Checklist for JIRA are examples of our own products. We built them to make our work better. Now, these tools are used by dev teams at Atlassian, Adobe, GitHub, Yelp or Pivotal. And of course, by our clients.
The process we use to develop products at Railsware is pretty different than in most software development companies. It has demonstrated repeatable success on more than 50 projects.
About The Environment
At Railsware, we believe that these are the key components to make a truly exceptional team:
- Gathering passion-driven, T-shape skilled individuals together
- Providing them with an innovative environment to advance their skills
- Sharing the same values and core qualities
While building unique company culture we try to focus on transparency, excellence, and perfection in everything we do. We value open communication and feedback, providing space for people to change and improve. We strive for doing the right thing, but always do what works. We encourage measuring the outcome of progress, and making decisions based on that. We constantly learn - we observe the industry and the best companies out there. We help world class businesses build awesome digital products and provide them with best chances to succeed. Discover how we do it and follow news on Railsware Blog.
Railswarian’s Bonuses & Benefits
Work that fits you:
- Work in the office or remotely
- Flexible hours
- Two comfortable offices in Kyiv, Ukraine and Krakow, Poland, with modern ergonomic chairs, standing desks, always fresh food and drinks
- Competitive salaries
- Salary calculated based on 360 degree colleagues review
- Revenue based half-year bonus
- Additional financial services (savings program, microcredits)
- 34 days of vacation per year
- 3 quick illness days and 24 long illness days, but we hope you won’t need this ;)
- Medical insurance
- To motivate our team to stay fit we cover sport expenses
- Best hardware
Travel around the world: