You will be working with customer that owns and operates several of the most popular and award-winning brands in cable television in USA producing and delivering distinctive, compelling and culturally relevant content that engages audiences across multiple platforms.
You will examine video viewership patterns to derive valuable insights for smart business decisions and to develop data powered products and features for enhanced customer experience. The Data Scientist will be responsible for designing and implementing processes and layouts for complex, large-scale data sets used for modeling, data mining, and research purposes.
● Use data mining techniques to reveal patterns in the data that have implications on the business decisions.
● Explore content viewership data using tools such as R, Python to create insights that the business can use.
● Progressively combine data science skills and knowledge with industry/business knowledge to derive and deliver innovative solutions to business partners.
● Use machine learning techniques to build learning models that allow the organization to predict outcomes with business implications.
● Collaborate with other experts to constantly innovate.
● Expert level competency with scientific data analysis methods, leveraging statistics, data modeling, anomaly and outlier detections, and machine learning methods for classification.
● Strong communication and presentation skills are required to effectively convey relevant insights.
● Provide documentation and skill mentoring to others.
Skills & Qualifications
● R and/or Python – 2 years experience minimum
● Expertise in working with large data sets
● SQL dialects.
● Visualization (using a package like ggplot2 or matplotlib)
● Good verbal communications skills
Education: Math or Scientific Computing; Data Analytics, Machine Learning or Business Analyst; or equivalent experience.
Experience: Typically requires 8-10 or more years experience or PhD in a related field with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.