Verv develops products inspiring people to embrace and live fit & healthy lifestyle. We use the latest technologies, have strong and ambitious team and possess a strong desire to make cool and useful products. Our apps take the leading positions in mobile app markets and unite over 70 mln users.
We’re currently looking for an experienced and qualified candidate to join our team as a Solution Architect to help us deliver cutting-edge technology solutions spanning cloud, mobile and enterprise web solutions. This position will help transform businesses through new product development and modernization of existing enterprise systems.
Ideal candidates will have at least 5 years of experience successfully driving technical specifications, design, and development being closely familiar with web and mobile applications. We are looking for someone skilled in working within Agile environments together with cross-functional teams, an energetic person with a positive attitude, who is proactive, organized, and detail-oriented.Skills and Experience
- Strong skill sets in Software or System Architecture design
- Experience with back-end development and relational databases: Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc.
- Familiar with open source technologies and NoSQL DB technology such as Couchbase, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc.
- Strong experience in BigData and Machine Learning technologies
- Strong knowledge of application-profiling and performance-tuning
- Ability to accurately estimate software development tasks in accordance with the given set of requirements and assumptions
- Ability to work with Project Managers to develop task-level project plans and proposals
- Ability to develop secure solutions and knowledge of industry best practices regarding information security
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under minimal supervision
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility and limitation issues
- Experience with cloud provider services and container technologies (e.g. AWS, MS Azure, Chef, Docker, Google App Engine)
- Experience with complex event-driven architectures
- Experience developing complex, high availability enterprise software
- Strong expertise with Web Services and RESTful architecture
- Experience working in teams using agile development techniques
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s’ Degree or higher in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or similar experience.
- Decide on what technologies are used or not used in a Platform Development Team, and why
- Oversee strategy for both in-house developed and purchased (3rd party) solutions definition and implementation
- Facilitate technology and methodology decision making throughout team, including standardization of system architecture, reusable code base development, versions of software tools, best practice, source control and deployment processes
- Advocate and plan new technology use or implementation
- Own delivery and production flows and environment
- Own development tools (initiate or consult IT and procurement on picking up right tools and ways to manage them) Drive consistent standards and approaches throughout the team
- Write clean and healthy structured, well-documented code
- Build future-proof reusable core code libraries, which can be shared, in-order to drive further efficiencies throughout the team
- Design and build database schemas with integrity and scalability with data access layers that are optimized for performance and security
- Consult on people’s hiring, allocation and development
- Keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies
- Stay aware of the latest data protection and security threats and make sure we mitigate against these risks against known industry standards
We’d be happy to give an opportunity of
- Being involved in creating top-rated products
- Working with a highly professional and friendly team
- Competitive salaries and regular salary review
- Social guarantees, modern office in the city center, MacBook
- 100% paid sick leave and 28-day paid vacation