Who we are
Sideways 6 exists to change the world for the better by bringing ideas to life. We believe that great ideas can come from anywhere and that giving employees a voice is the secret to business success.
Over 4 million employees from the likes of Sainsbury's, British Airways and Nestlé trust the Sideways 6 approach and we’re on a mission to give 50 million people a voice. In 2021, Sideways 6 was named one of the Top 100 Mission-Led Organisations to Work For thanks to our people.
We’re really proud of our 5-star reviews on Glassdoor and it’s a testament to the way we treat our employees. They are given lots of responsibility, lots of room to grow and develop and the chance to be part of something pretty special. The ‘Idea Beer’ probably helps too…
About the role
You will be a member of the technical team working closely with the Head of Engineering and CTO. You may get an incredible chance to take different responsibilities and grow solving incoming challenges, like:How our code and product could have better quality, test coverage, and logs?How to investigate any issues faster?Which areas could be optimized first?What is the reason for a bug found by a customer?This role covers these questions and helps our client achieve a high-class product.
Moreover, you will be able to work with customer questions and then, based on the investigation results, prepare a plan to upgrade the Sideways 6 platform. Your results will increase customer satisfaction and improve code quality in general.
- Analyzing existing architecture and preparing upgrade plan based on technical / business needs
- Continuous upgrading of platform's transparency & observability
- Processing support requests
- Organize and facilitate brainstorming and grooming sessions
- Refactoring of the existing code base and writing tests
- Minimum of 3 years of applicable industry experience
- You will have experience of application integration such as application interface or data layers
- Experience in modern DevOps methodologies and test-driven development
- Fluent spoken English (at least B2+)
- C#/.NET 5
- Distributed architecture with Monolith and 15 separate services with direction towards containers
- Entity Framework, Relational and NoSQL Databases (MS SQL, MongoDB)
- Fully hosted on Azure infrastructure, including Service Bus, Azure Functions, Load balancers, etc.
Nice to have:
- ReactJS + Typescript; JQuery
- Microsoft Azure ecosystem (App Service, Azure SQL, Service Fabric, Service Bus, Application Insight, Blob Storage, AKS, etc.)
- A Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
What we offer
- An awesome, open, and vibrant start-up environment
- We don't clock watch, we trust you and support flexibility
- Option to have a stake in our growing business
- We celebrate tenure and offer you an extra day holiday for every year you're with us
- £600 annual educational budget to use at your discretion
- Medical insurance (Belarus)
- Flexible career progression plans
- Regular social company gatherings and an annual whole-company Summer summit in the sun
- The ability to work from either of our offices (Minsk and London) or fully remotely
- A fully stocked kitchen and table tennis in the office in Minsk