At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
In our Fitbit development office in Minsk we are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
About the role:
As a member of the Data Warehouse team at Fitbit, your primary responsibility will be development, maintenance and operational stability of ETL pipelines which feed the Fitbit data warehouse. This is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate (or experienced software engineer) looking to get into the field of Data Engineering. Day-to-day activities include:
- Development of scalable, resilient data pipelines in the cloud
- Upgrading legacy pipelines to leverage latest technologies
- On-call duties to ensure data pipelines are meeting our SLAs
Our ideal Data Engineer for the Data Warehouse team will have experience in most (but preferably all) of these skills and an interest in learning them all:
- Development with Spark/Scala and Python
- ETL best practices
- Database concepts (Relational and NoSQL), including a working knowledge of SQL
- Cloud environments (AWS, Google)
- Linux environments
In addition, an individual joining our team in any capacity must:
- Take personal responsibility for driving initiatives forward
- Work effectively with stakeholders around the globe
- Display top notch written and verbal communication skills
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options (RSUs)
- International Team of world-class engineers
- Cutting edge tech stack
- Premium hardware of your choice: Apple or Lenovo
- Comprehensive medical insurance: medicines and dental
- Fitbit employee discount on devices and accessories
- Sport expenses compensation
- Flexible work hours
- 26 days vacation, paid sick leave, extra days off
- Free English classes with native speakers
- Business trips to US & Europe
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Office located in the city center
- Work on life-changing product
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Требования к кандидату
- Технологии: spark, scala, python, aws, etl
- Иностранные языки: Английский — Upper Intermediate
- Дополнительно: Принимаются заявки от иногородних (при условии переезда)