We are a Mapbox R&D center in Minsk, focused on computer vision and developing HD-maps for self-driving cars.
Using computer vision, machine learning, AR and the Mapbox location data platform, we build the basis for self-driving cars and change the way people move and explore our world.
Joining us as a Backend Engineer, you'll play a key role in one of the aspects of developing software/tech for self-driving cars. You'll bring your experience and skills to our exciting project within a competent, cross-functional, passionate and self-organized team.
We are looking for smart, fast learning team players who are driven by the idea of self-driving car development.
- Design and implement RESTful API services to be used at scale
- Maintain highly available web services that meet or exceed established SLAs and customer customer requirements for uptime
- Collect and monitor performance metrics.
- Maintain CI testing and simulation infrastructure and tooling
- Play a central role in discussing and implementing security best practices
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language (Node, Python, bash). Mapbox micro-services are predominantly written in Node.
- Experience with AWS services, in particular S3, EC2, ECS, Lambda, API Gateway, IAM, Kinesis
- Prior experience building API services from scratch.
- Deep knowledge of best practices for security, usability, versioning and performance of web applications.
- Excellent understanding of HTTP
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles;
- Comfortable with SQL, good understanding of SQL engine basics
- Creative, resourceful and innovative problem solver;
- Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment;
- Good communication skills in English, both written and spoken.
What We Value
- In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities;
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people;
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company;
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
We are creating a very strong team of professionals able to solve complicated and interesting tasks. We will provide appropriate working conditions, good salary, really nice office in the city center and others.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you consent to the provision of personal data, such as your name and contact information, which are required for Mapbox to process your application.
Требования к кандидату
- Иностранные языки: Английский — Intermediate
- Дополнительно: Принимаются заявки от иногородних (при условии переезда)