SolarWinds MSP is seeking for an Architect to join our Architecture team to drive the development of our state-of-the-art product – SolarWinds MSP Backup and Recovery. This is a solution with multi-platform client and server side for managed services providers, system administrators of large enterprises, telecommunication and hosting providers. It provides a hybrid 2-tier backup technology that benefits both from on-premises and cloud based backups.
On the client side as a data source our solution supports backup of file system, network shares, system state, MS Exchange, MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, MS SharePoint, VMWare, Hyper-V etc. We develop and use a know-how technology of data de-duplication, including dedicated drivers for backup acceleration. As an alternative way for accessing backed up data we provide mechanism of mounted virtual disks. We develop and provide such features as Bare Metal and Virtual Disaster Recovery that allow restoring physical machines to the brand new physical environment; restoring physical machines to the virtual hosts of Hyper-V, VMWare or to the Azure or Amazon based clouds.
Server side is represented by our own authentic cloud storage platform that protects petabytes of data and dedicated services for the platform management. As our customer base is constantly growing, we work on providing robust, stable, scalable high-performance services.
The product is very dynamic, that is why you will learn a lot all the time. The team is balanced, your colleagues will be talented engineers who like to code, create smart and simple solutions, and explore new technologies.
Our team is passionate for quality: we are using a wide range of quality-related industry-standard engineering practices and artifacts such as coding guidelines, code style checking, static code analysis, code coverage tools, mandatory pre-commit code reviews, unit testing, continuous integration, crash analytics system and many more. We are open for any fresh ideas and are constantly improving our toolset.
Our expectations from candidates
We are seeking a talented architect to help shape the technology strategy for our Backup solution. As a thought leader within the SolarWinds family you will play a key role in helping drive our technology strategy. We are looking for someone that continuously raises the bar in terms of technical excellence, someone that can deliver innovative solutions, someone that is not scared to challenge the ‘way we do it’.
Translate business problems into architecture requirements/designs working closely with engineering teams to ensure we are solving the correct problem for our customers.
Outstanding communications and people management skills are critical. It is essential to work in a methodical fashion and have the ability to clearly articulate designs/solutions to all levels of the organization.
Continually deliver against technology roadmap enabling Solarwinds MSP to remain at the cutting edge of technology.
Work closely with Product Management and Engineering teams to ensure convergence of strategic product and technology roadmaps.
- Proven track record designing and overseeing the implementation of high-availability, high volume enterprise systems.
- Expert knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, C++/STL/Boost and Software Design Patterns
- Practical understanding and application of enterprise design patterns.
- Deep understanding of REST, SOA and Micro Services and the challenges imposed by each of these Architecture Patterns.
- Extensive knowledge of build and deployment architectures and patterns.
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure or other cloud platforms.
- Message Queue Systems (Rabbit MQ, Kafka) and other Integration Patterns.
- SQL and NoSQL Solutions
You will have solved the challenges of high-availability, high-volume application development many times in your career, helping shape both architecture and engineering teams through live operational experience as opposed whiteboard driving.
Solarwinds MSP is an award-winning international software firm with a global reach. Our Best-in-Class products service over 20,000 business users with wide range of SaaS offerings to achieve our mission of empowering IT professionals to win through technology.
At Solarwinds, we know it’s our people that make us great. Our company is founded on the principles of building a great place to work, delivering an exceptional customer experience and continuing our sustainable high growth business.
We are looking for someone truly extraordinary; someone who is passionate about their work, open to new ideas and focused on delivering consistently high quality results that enrich our business.
- Work in a friendly team of professionals, who you can learn from
- Opportunity to grow - participation in conferences, training, knowledge sharing, etc.
- Easy to reach office in the intersection of 2 underground metro lines in the city center
- Competitive salary
Требования к кандидату
- Технологии: C++, STL / BOOST, Design Patterns, REST, SOA, Microservices, Amazon AWS, Azure
- Иностранные языки: Английский — Intermediate
- Дополнительно: Принимаются заявки от иногородних (при условии переезда)