At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto!
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, onsite yoga classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
We are looking for a Senior Android Engineer eager to deliver a best-in-class mobile application.
You will be directly involved in designing, developing, maintaining and enhancing the Fitbit Android application. You will be working alongside an international team of talented and dedicated colleagues who have a common goal to help people lead healthier lives. Also you will be responsible for proposing, evaluating and implementing software solutions that meet the need of the application.
You will work with product managers, UI/UX designers, backend and frontend engineers in order to create mobile user experiences that allow users to intuitively accomplish any task. Our mobile clients are a vital part of the user interface to the Fitbit platform.
Who you are:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Android SDK
- Object-oriented software development experience with a solid grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Experience creating reusable components with elegant, intuitive API interfaces
- Experience working with databases and working with REST APIs
- Experience using a modern version control system
- Desire to work with design and product in order to define requirements
- Open minded about exploring and using new technologies
- A strong sense of when refactoring is needed
- Ability to work well in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English is a must
- A drive to keep performance high using profile guided optimization
- A feel for visual and interaction design
- A knack for appropriate abstraction
- Experience using Android NDK
- Experience collaborating with remote team members
- Experience working closely with product management to ship features in consumer-oriented software
- Expertise in one or more of our core technology areas:
- Android UI / Graphics / Animation
- Bluetooth / Bluetooth Low Energy
Perks & Benefits:
- Work on Products that are core to Fitbit ecosystem and helping improve people’s lives
- Opportunity to learn from world-class professionals from Fitbit offices across the world
- Freedom to develop and deploy efficient, scalable and accessible solutions with a high degree of autonomy
- Transparent and consistent feedback to help you advance your career
- Competitive salary and annual bonus (based on your individual performance goals)
- Top-tier Macbook
- Medical Insurance: Health and Dental
- Free Fitbit devices for you, devices for friends & family with discount
- 26 days vacation + 5 personal days + 1 paid day off on your birthday
- English classes
- Fully-stocked kitchen
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status