PeerStreet, a well-funded startup based in Los Angeles, is seeking Ruby Engineers to join its growing engineering team in Belarus and help build the future of real estate finance.
We are entering our next phase of significant growth and are looking for top engineers to play an integral role in helping us execute on our goals. If you want to make a huge impact on a very visible commercial product and transform a massive industry, PeerStreet is the place for you.
More specifically, you would help design and build multiple aspects of vital consumer and internal-facing web applications. You would also need to maintain a delicate balance between staying close to "technological edge" while also delivering robust and efficient business solutions. This role would allow you to put your creativity and drive to excel to everyday use.
Our tech stack includes Rails 4.2, Hanami, Ruby 2.3, GraphQL, Ember.js, Vue.js, Rspec, Heroku, AWS, GitHub, CircleCI and more, and are looking for people with a solid technical understanding in these areas and languages.
These are areas in which you would be directly involved:
- Deliver well-tested features for our internal and external users.
- Transform parts of our monolithic architecture into elegant and scalable services.
- Review the work of your peers to ensure consistency and quality of our codebase.
- Provide actionable feedback to our awesome product team on new features and overall roadmap.
- Collaborate with your peers on technical design.
- Work with the QA team to define scope and limit rework.
- Assist our support team with triage and executing solutions.
- Contribute to internal tools, documentation and development processes to help improve our efficiency and build a world-class engineering organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of SW engineering experience.
- 2+ years of Ruby on Rails experience.
- Demonstrable breadth of knowledge of software development technologies.
- Very strong foundation with object-oriented design and design patterns.
- Comfortable building and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Strong understanding of SQL and data modeling for scalability and performance.
- Solid grasp of front-end technologies and frameworks.
- Able to compare various languages and frameworks objectively and select the right tool for the job.
- Skilled at clearly articulating design ideas while being receptive to constructive criticism.
- Never ending desire to learn and improve
- Excellent communication ability (such as explaining complex technical scenarios and solutions to a range of people without making them lose the will to live).
- Previous experience with FinTech.
- Previous experience with InfoSec.
- Significant open-source contributions.
PeerStreet is an award-winning, Andreessen-Horowitz backed, platform focused on democratizing access to real estate debt. What we’re working on at PeerStreet will ultimately change mortgage finance! (www.peerstreet.com)
This is a remote position.
Требования к кандидату
- Опыт: 4 года
- Технологии: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, ECMAScript 6, Rspec, Continuous Integration
- Иностранные языки: Английский — Advanced
- Дополнительно: Принимаются заявки от иногородних (при условии переезда)