As a division of IAC (Nasdaq: IAC), IAC Applications brings together a unique collection of award-winning technology companies to form one of the world’s largest distributors of utility applications, with its products downloaded more than one million times a day across desktop, browser and mobile devices.
Slimware Utilities is a leading desktop consumer software company, providing community-powered software and services that clean, repair, update and optimize personal computers. Our products have won many prestigious awards, including PCMag’s product of the year, and are trusted by our community of millions of users in over 200 countries worldwide. You’ll join an incredible team of innovators that are consistently delivering unique ways to improve our consumers' digital lives.
As an IAC company, Slimware Utilities is part of a family including many of the most successful media and Internet brands in the world, including Match.com, Vimeo and about.com. Recently ranked fourth in Fortune magazine’s world's most admired companies list in the Internet Services & Retailing sector, we provide incredible career opportunities for our team in a supportive, collaborative and fun work environment.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
A PHP Software Engineer is responsible for developing all of the services that power our products, including APIs (private and public), databases, and websites (customer-facing and internal). As a team member in our highly entrepreneurial environment you will be tasked with quickly iterating ideas into prototypes and then full-scale, production quality systems running in our LEMP stack.
If scalability, speed, reliability, architecture and design are interesting to you, we want you. Our team has the benefits of a start-up (rapid growth opportunities) with the benefits of an established company (strong presence in the marketplace, recognized brand.)
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO
- Quickly and efficiently design and develop high quality products in an agile environment
- Write well-abstracted, reusable and efficient code and correctly employ and enforce design patterns.
- Meet with stakeholders to define new products and additional features
- Drive projects through all stages of the development lifecycle
- Actively share knowledge and responsibility with other team members and teams
- Help us grow our platform with clever, long-lasting solutions that serve to grow our business.
- BS in Computer Science or similar technical degree with 5+ years of experience
- Guru-level knowledge of PHP
- Substantial experience working with RESTful web services and ORM concepts (Laravel/Eloquent experience a plus)
- Solid RDBMS understanding (MySQL strongly preferred)
- Solid foundation in computer science fundamentals from data structures and algorithms to high-level design patterns
- Excellent systems analytical, problem solving and technical skills
- Fully understand technical standards and best practices to drive better scalable, maintainable and highly performing web applications.
- Excellent written and verbal technical communication abilities
- A can-do attitude and a smile
NICE TO HAVE
- Agile software development experience (Scrum)
- C++ experience a plus